Straight and beautiful teeth? Who doesn’t want a nice smile ?! Orthodontics is that field of dentistry that deals with the treatment of misalignments of the teeth and chewing abnormalities. You may have a hereditary irregular bite or clump of teeth or their misalignment. But not all orthodontic problems are genetic. They can be caused by local factors, such as:
- Injuries to the teeth
- Premature loss of deciduous teeth,
- habit of sucking fingers,
- Biting of lips or nails
Timely evaluation and accurate diagnosis are the key to solving your problem. Orthodontic treatment can eliminate or reduce problems in three ways:
- Psychological issues, psychological problems
- Maxillary anomalies
- Bite problems and teeth alignment
This treatment is applied to young patients to improve the function and aesthetics of the odontostomatognathic system and to optimize the development of children. Early application of orthodontic appliances in young children can improve a child’s smile, but at this age the benefits go beyond appearance. Braces at a young age can adjust the position of deciduous teeth by making them guidelines for eruption (exit) in the correct position of the permanent teeth, correcting bite problems and preventing future tooth extraction.
We advise children to visit the orthodontist regularly up to the age of 7, in order to be aware of possible orthodontic treatment. Permanent first molars (first molar) and incisors (4 front teeth) usually emerge at this age and allow for an assessment of potential problems.
When treatment begins early, the orthodontist can direct the growth of the permanent dentition jaws and teeth. Early treatment can:
- Create space for permanent teeth
- Eliminates the need for extraction (removal) of permanent teeth
- Adjust the width of the upper and lower dental arch
- Eliminate the habits and vices of young patients, such as finger sucking, etc.
- Reduce the possibility of tooth retention in the jaw
- Solves phonation problems
- Eliminate abnormal swallowing, etc.